Wealthy Sisters Network Sisterhood Saturday’s 8-22-15
Host: WSN Operations Manager Denecia Abear
Special Guest Host: Teresa Hawley Howard
TOPIC: Domestic Violence
Tips from Teresa Hawley Howard
Domestic violence is a touchy subject that’s Tabu and some people keep it in the closet for various reasons which is why it continues to happen and this is why we must learn to not be silent about it and to speak up. Domestic Violence is defined as a pattern of controlling behaviors that one partner uses to control the other. There are several forms; physical, emotional, mental or even sexual or anything used to keep you submissive.
1. 906,000 cases of domestic violence was reported in 2014. 1 in 4 women will
experience domestic violence in their lives. Every nine seconds a woman in the
USA is beaten.
2. Domestic violence crosses all barriers including race, income and education lines.
3. Domestic violence effects the children; over 300,000 witness it in their homes
which leads to 30% of the girls who witness it becoming victims of it when
they’re older thinking it’s ok because it what they saw growing up.
4. It happens behind closed doors 60% of the time but we must learn to speak up
and ask if the person is ok. Speaking up and out to saves lives when/if you see
signs of domestic violence.
5. Most domestic violence cases are never reported so we must report it when we
Wealthy Sisters Network is open for new members. Basic Membership for 2015 year is free and premium membership is only $77 yearly. Far below what you would pay for most national women’s organizations. Won’t you join us TODAY?